Apple’s 3rd Event in 2 months covering 3 months straight with one after the other giving best of all the worlds.
Apple’s announced earlier this year to bring there own Custom SoC in MacBook ditching Intel after almost a decade, as Intel chips were unable to deliver neither the performance nor efficiency Apple expected. So, Apple brought its custom silicon called Apple Silicon into the picture in the 10th November 2020 event.
Apple M1 SoC Chip
- It works on unified memory architecture with High Bandwidth and Low Latency.
- Built on a 5-nanometer process packing 16 billion transistors.
- 8-core CPU with 4 High-Efficiency Cores and 4 High-Performance Cores.
- World’s fastest CPU cores.
- Gen4 PCI Express
- Thunderbolt/USB4 Controller onboard
- Low power consumption
- 16-core Neural Engine
- Secure Enclave for better security
CPU Performance vs Power (M1 vs Latest PC Laptop Chip)
- 2X better Performance by using just 1/4 amount of power consumed by the Latest PC Laptop Chip.
- 3X better CPU per Watt Performance.
- With up to an 8-core GPU inside.
- World’s fastest integrated graphics.
GPU Performance vs Power (M1 vs Latest PC Laptop Chip)
- 2X better GPU performance by using just 1/3 amount of power consumed by the Latest PC Laptop Chip.
- 16-core Neural Engine capable of executing 11 trillion operations per second.
- Better Video analysis
- Better Voice recognization
- Better Image Processing
With all this Apple launched 3 products all powered by Apple’s M1 SoC in today’s event which included the follows:
- MacBook Air 13″
- Mac Mini
- MacBook Pro 13″