New National Education Policy 2020 has been endorsed by the Cabinet. With the earlier declaration that the Ministry of Human Resource Development would now be the Ministry of Education. Union ministers Prakash Javadekar and Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank both did a key job in the strategic development and would present the same.
The NEP imagines giving a new instruction area to the education system of the nation. The approach has been shared by the Secretary of Higher Education and Secretary of School Education. The key strategy of the chief preparing methodology of the 21st century and replaces the thirty-multi-year-old National Policy on Education (NPE), 1986. Based on the Access, Equity, Quality, Affordability and Accountability, this approach is adjusted to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and expects to change India into a vibrant information society increasingly comprehensive, adaptable, multidisciplinary, fit to 21st century.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS (SCHOOL EDITION):
1) Existing 10+2 Structure to be altered to 5+3+3+4 structure where the initial three years would be developmental play school long stretches of nurser and Kinder garden. The structure would coverages of 3 to 18 years old. Clarified the new structure.
2) School educational programme will be reduce to only core concepts and the professional integration from Class 6.
3) Home language, primary language or territorial language will be the mode of guidance up to Class 5.
4) Understudies will be given expanded adaptability and selection of subjects to consider, especially in auxiliary school – remembering subjects for physical instruction, expressions of the human experience and creates, and professional aptitudes.
5) E-Content in Regional Languages would be created and not just in Hindi and English. National Educational Technology Forum, NETF would be shaped.
6) Board tests in schools will be low stakes and test real information on understudies rather than repetition learning.
7) Report cards will be a thorough report on aptitudes and abilities rather than just checks and explanations.
8) Regular standards will be set up for private and public institutions.
9) There will be limit to all the expenses and fees charged by private establishments.
10) The three-language learned by youngsters will be the selections of States, locales, and of the understudies since at any rate two of the three dialects are local to India.
11) 4 years for higher optional gets lift up – Arts, Commerce, Science expelled – Students to pick what they need to pick. Coding to start from Class 6.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS (HIGHER EDUCATION EDITION) :
1) National Accreditation Council and National Higher Education are the main pillars to shape the national higher education framework.
2) MPhil courses will be suspended under the new approach and all the courses at undergrad, postgraduate and Ph.D. levels will currently be interdisciplinary.
3) The college degree will be of either 3 or 4-year length, with different leave alternatives inside this period, with suitable declaration, e.g. recognition following 2 years of study, or a Bachelor’s qualification following a 3-year program. The 4-year multidisciplinary Bachelor’s program, be that as it may, will be the favored alternative.
4) Force to multidisciplinary training. Indeed, even IITs to move towards a progressively encompassing educational program with expressions and humanities.
5)Common entrance test will be held for admission to colleges and advanced education foundations
6) The service declared that there will be comprehensive and multidisciplinary training as far as flexiblity of subjects.
7) Financial, academic, administrative autonomy will be given to collages based on their reputation and worthiness in the area. On top of that, there are more than 40000 affiliated colleges to choose from.
8)Colleges to be named not based on proprietorship yet on nature of instruction.
9) Significant changes recommended in advanced education to give greater adaptability to the understudies. Students can pick any arrangement of subjects for advanced education, take vacations, and different alternatives.
10) National Assessment Center -‘PARAKH’ has been made to evaluate the understudies
11) All-State/UT governments will set up an execution plan for accomplishing all-inclusive fundamental proficiency and numeracy in every single elementary school for all students by grade 3 to be accomplished by 2025.