Mukesh Ambani owned Jio which is India’s one of the biggest telecom company has launched its first HD Video Conferencing app in India. JioMeet is the name of the new Video Conferencing Application and it is available to all users on Android and iOS for free.
There is a growing demand for video conferencing platforms due to the COVID-19 lockdown and issues also due to the call rerouting issues with the ZOOM app, Number of other apps on App Store and Play Store are helping multiple users to fulfill the need.
Features of JioMeet?
The JioMeet app allows users to have a video and audio calls in High Definition with up to 100 people per video call, much like Zoom. To join the video call or audio call using the phone number or the email ID or requires users to create a Meeting ID to join or invite people to the calling session and you can also send text, voice messages, files, and images to one another.
Other features are pretty much the same as any other Video Call App provides nowadays the ability to schedule meetings, active speaker layout, password-protected meetings, Waiting Room, screen-sharing, Safe Driving Mode to video call while driving the vehicle, Support up to 5 devices with an easy switch to another device. The reference to video calls as ‘meetings’ and the same logo, clearly shows that Jio tried to replicate a number of things from Zoom.
How to download JioMeet app on Android & iOS?
The JioMeet app is now available at Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store to download.
JioMeet rivals as of now?
- Google Meet
- Microsoft Teams
How to use the JioMeet app on Android and iOS ?
Once downloaded, all you need to do is follow some steps to start with it:
- Open the JioMeet app is on your Android or iOS device.
- If you are using the app for the first time, Navigate to ‘Sign Up’ and enter your email ID or phone number, first name, and the last name. Then, tick the ‘I agree to Terms and Conditions’. If you are a registered user, just select ‘Sign In’, which then requires your registered email ID or phone number.
- You can directly be a part of your call without being registered by clicking on the ‘Join a Meeting’ option.
- Once signed up, enter your OTP sent to you and, that’s it start using the app. (Note: You have to grant the contact access and allow notifications)
- The JioMeet app has a clean and neat UI having four options on the top that are New Meeting, Join, Schedule, Share Screen, a Contact Requests option right below the top four options, and five bottom options are Meet & Chat, Meetings, Contacts, Settings, Help. And also to add contacts in the middle.
- You can select the previously mentioned options to go about and explore the JioMeet app by yourself.
JioMeet App UI?
During short usage, the JioMeet app seemed to lag a bit at some points and also took a while to switch to the various options. However, by few, tweaks and updates it will get better and perfect answer to other video calling apps.