OnePlus HydrogenOS Beta 3 latest update for the customer UI is released for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro in China with new and enhanced features. The Android 11 Update gets always-on display functionality. OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro users can install the new update from the region to try out new features, also the HydrogenOS 11 will be available for OnePlus 6 and newer OnePlus phones. Although, it’s a China-specific Android skin without Google Play Services and pre-installed Google Apps, unlike the global version of OxygenOS.
On August 10 OnePlus hosted a live stream where it exhibits HydrogenOS Beta 11 where it revealed its new features. The new smart, swift, and efficient features are designed to provide adequate satisfaction to its users. The developer preview firmware currently released that this version is still in the early stage of development and has some bugs which can also affect any third-party apps also it has network stability and system issues. The size of the installer package for this version is 3.69 GB/3.75 GB.
Earlier in June and July, OnePlus had unfolded Two developers previews for international variants of OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro based on Beta 1 and Beta 2 respectively.
New Features of HydrogenOS 11
- Hydrogen OS 11 Features a new ORM Memory Management System which is designed to improve RAM management, for a reduction in the probability of apps being killed in the background and to utilize memory i.e., run more apps in the same memory itself.
- Gallery App which is been upgraded into a new smart gallery with integrated image and video editing feature. Along with smart gallery up-gradation, the layout of images and videos have changed. Featured with AI video generator that is One Plus Gallery which resembles Google Photos.
- A quick toggle is added for Dark Mode which can be set to automatic turn on according to the light present in the environment, supports time-based activation. Usage of different shades of black for the distinction of information and more clarity and have also passed WCAG (Web Content Availability Guidelines).
- The Revamped UI Based on Android 11 brings Always On Display functionality, the theme for which it is designed in collaboration with Parsons College in the US. It also shows the number of unlocks when the device is unlocked.
- Features a new Turbo Booster 2.0 mode aimed at creating high refresh rate screens.
- Weather App, Live Wallpaper which changes based on the time of the day, has 10 Clock Styles, voice notes with AI-powered speech to text conversion.
- OnePlus File Transfer which works with devices companies part of peer to peer Transmission Alliance.